Yield: 48 eggs
Here is one of Chef Graham Dodd's personal recipe.
- 48 eggs
- About 6 pounds sausage meat
- Chopped thyme leaves
- 9.5 oz Dijon or french's mustard
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 bunch chives, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Seasoned flour as needed
- 12 more eggs
- 11 oz milk
- About 1 ½ pounds panko, processed until fine
- Place eggs in large pot and cover with water. Add salt to taste and a splash of sherry vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes exactly.
- Remove eggs and place them under cold running water for 10-15 minutes.
- Put sausage in food processor with 6 oz water and pulse 6 times.
- Turn into a bowl and add thyme, mustard, cayenne, chives and season with salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Divide into 48 balls- about 2 oz a piece. Place between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and flatten into a circle.
- Peel eggs.
- Place egg in middle of sausage circle and wrap meat around egg-press the edges to seal.
- Chill 20 minutes.
- Mix 12 eggs with milk.
- Dredge sausage wrapped eggs in seasoned flour.
- Dip into milk and egg mixture.
- Roll in breadcrumbs making sure it is completely coated.
- Fry the eggs at 375 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Finish in 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.